Family Support Services
Here are some suggestions about where you might be able to access support and advice particularly if you have what you feel is an emergency. Feel free to contact:
- Children’s Social Work Service: Daytime contact number: 0113 3760336
- Mindmate SPA: 0300 5550324 – to help identify support for the emotional well being and mental health of children and young people
- Teen Connect Help line: 0808 8001212 (6pm-2am)/ 07715 661559 (text) – Survivor-led crisis support for 11-18 year olds
- The Market Place: 0113 2461659. A range of services for 11-25 year olds.
- Childline: 0800 1111 (Freephone) – advice/help for children.
- Accident and Emergency at Leeds General Infirmary (LGI)
- Police on 999 in an emergency or 101 for non-emergencies
- 112: For all emergency services
- NHS helpline: 111 for consulting about health matters.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline - 0808 2000 247 (24 hours a day - freephone)
- Leeds Domestic Violence Service: 0113 2460401 (24 hours a day)
- Samaritans: 116 123 (24 hours a day - freephone)
- Trussell Trust Food Bank: 0113 2772229
- St Vincents Food Bank: 0113 2484126
- Family Action – FamilyLine: 0808 802 6666/ 07537 404282 (text) - support to adult (18+) family members
- Welfare support: 0113 3760330
- Housing Leeds: 0113 3760410
- CAMHS – existing patients contact their clinician directly or local hospital
- Leeds Housing Options – support for people who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, or want advice about housing options – 0113 222 4412
- Citizens Advice – help with legal, money, welfare and housing issues by providing free independent and confidential advice – 0113 223 4400
- Cruise Bereavement Care – provides support, information and practical advice – 0113 234 415
And/ Or visit the following relevant websites:
- Mindmate: https://www.mindmate.org.uk/ - mental health advice and support for children, young people and their parents.
- https://www.mindwell-leeds.org.uk/ - mental health advice and support for adults
- Teen Connect: https://www.lslcs.org.uk/services/connect-helpline/teen-connect/
- The Market Place: www.themarketplaceleeds.org.uk
- Kooth: www.kooth.com – online support for young people
- NSPCC: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/
- Leeds Domestic Violence support: https://ldvs.uk/
And/Or search the following apps (practical help for mental health) :